Cake Baking Tips
1.Invest in good chocolate, fruit fillings, nuts etc. You will taste the difference if you start with the best ingredients.
2.Always use fresh eggs. Eggs separate best when cold, but egg whites whip up best at room temperature.
3. Always sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices to avoid lumps.
1. When creaming, the butter and eggs should be at room temperature to ensure best results.
2. When adding eggs, if mixture begins to curdle because eggs are cold, add 1 tbsp of flour.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add liquids in small amount alternately with dry ingredients.
5. If whisking egg whites, eggs should be at room temperature. Don’t overwhisk or they will separate into lumps and liquid.
6.To prevent nuts and fruits from sinking to the bottom of a cake during baking, warm them a bit in the oven and toss them with flour. Shake off excess flour before mixing them into the batter.
1. Turn on oven 10-15 minutes before you plan to use it to allow time for it to heat to baking temperature.
2. Position pans as near to center of oven as possible. Pans should not touch sides of oven or each other.