Peppermint Chocolate Steam Layer Cake
388g condensed milk(1 can)
170g self-raising flour (sift)
¼ tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp green coloring
250g chocolate (dissolved)
1 – 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Add in condensed milk and mix well (preferably add alternately with egg to prevent cake sink down)
- Fold in the self-raising flour in 3 portions.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions in separate bowls. Add ingredient D to one portion and add ingredient E to the other portion.
- Grease a 9″ square steaming tray, pour a small portion of green mixture into the steaming tray and steam for 5 minutes or till cooked.
- Pour a small portion of chocolate mixture on top of the white layer and steam for 5 minutes.
- Repeat until the last layer. For complete cake, steam for another 15 minutes.
- Remove, leave to cool completely before cutting into pieces.