Chwee Kuih with Sambal Dried Prawns
Ingredients: (Chwee Kuih)
150g rice flour
25g wheat starch
25g tapioca starch
2 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon salt
400ml hot water
Ingredients: (Sambal Dried Prawns)
Ingredients A: Ground (as spices)
3 pieces garlic
2 red chilies
8 dried chilies
2cm fresh turmeric
100g dried prawns (soak for ½ hour then pound)
5 tablespoon oil
Add sugar, salt & tamarind juice to taste
- Mix Rice Flour, Wheat Starch, Tapioca Starch, oil and salt with 200ml water. Stir well.
- Add hot water into batter, stir well.
- Pour batter into the mould. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Sambal dried prawn.
Sambal dried prawns
- Fry spices with 5 tablespoons of oil, add in pounded dried prawns.
- Add the desired amount of sugar, salt and tamarind juice. Ready to serve.