Hainanese Coconut Kueh
125g gula melaka
4 pcs pandan leaves
1 pc ginger (smashed)
200g grated white coconut
50g fried grounded peanuts
25g fried white sesame seeds
1 tbsp plain flour
- Stir cook Ingredients A over low flame till gula Melaka melted.
- Add Ingredients B, fry till fragrant and dry.
- Mix Ingredients C and stir fry till well combined.
- Add plain flour and mix well, dish up, for use later.
300g of glutinous rice flour (sifted)
Ingredients B: (mixed)
280g of coconut milk / water
80g of sugar
¼ tsp of salt
45g of corn oil
30g of corn oil for glazing
banana leaves / 25 pcs of pandan leaves
- Place glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl
- Slowly add in Ingredients B and mix well.
- Add in corn oil and mix to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover with cloth and rest for 20 min.
- Divide dough into 30g each.
- Wrapped in fillings, shape round, put into pre-prepared pandan leaf box or banana leaf, flatten slightly.
- Arrange on a steamer and steam over medium flame for 10 min.
- Remove, brush with corn oil while it’s still hot.