Crispy Prawn Fritters (Cucur Udang)
300g self-raising flour, sifted
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chicken stock granules
200g prawn meat, diced.
1/2 carrot, shredded finely.
1 big onion, chopped.
100g bean sprouts, tailed.
2 stalks spring onion, chopped.
Some whole prawns, as decoration.
5 cups oil for deep-frying.
- Batter: Mix all the ingredients in one direction until smooth and free from lumps.
- Add ingredients A and stir until well-combined.
- Heat up oil for deep-frying, dip ladle in the hot oil for 1 minute to heat up.
- Spoon batter into the ladle until full and arrange one prawn on top as decoration.
- Dip ladle into the hot oil and deep-fry until the batter can leave the ladle, fry until golden brown.
- Dish and drain. Serve hot with chili sauce.
- The ladle used for frying should not be too deep, otherwise the fritters will be very thick.
- You can use fine Ikan Bilis as a substitute for prawns.